Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Does God Need Encouragement?

Sometimes when a certain emotion comes over me, or I react to a situation in a particular way,  I wonder, "does God ever feel this way?" I believe, often times, the answer is YES! After all, the Bible says we are created in His image.  I have learned a lot about God's character through my own emotions. For instance, I did not have a loving or nurturing mother growing up, but the Lord imprinted it on my heart to be one. Through my relationship with my children, I have learned that God is loving, kind, and gracious to His children and I am enabled to better understand His unconditional  Love for us.

Keeping in mind that we are created to be like Him, I have to ask, "does God ever need encouragement?" Do we need to be encouraged? Of course we do! I believe our Lord appreciates and even needs it too.

How can we encourage God? One really great way is with gratitude! When people are thankful for something I have done for them, or a gift I have given them, I am eager to continue to do nice things for them. On the contrary, nothing discourages me quicker than an ungrateful heart.

Today I want to thank God for His incredible, indescribable, incomparable gift of Love. His Love is the best thing that has ever happened to me, His Love is the best part of me, and His Love has made me so happy to be me! God's Love is the most beautiful thing my heart has ever seen! I am a grateful, grateful child!

Lord, please don't ever let me take Your Love for granted!


"Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness." Psalm 107:8


*Can you think of a special way to encourage God today? I'ld love it if you would share it with me!*

4 comments:

  1. Today I am singing worship and praise songs to Him with my Husband and Daughter. I am so overwhelmed by His love and generosity that I am tearful. Joyfully tearful! He really does exceedingly abundantly more than we could ever dream or ask! What an Awesome and Loving Father we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jamie, that is exactly the goodness of the Love of God I'm talking about, the kind that can only be described with joyful tears! I know the Lord is greatly encouraged by your love and worship, and I have been encouraged by your taking the time to share it with me! Thank you and God bless you forever my new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. During my devotion this morning this question (does God need encouragement) came to mind and so I instantly did a Google search to see if anyone else had this thought and your blog came up. I was reading about loyalty. When you are loyal to someone you encourage them...so if we plan to be loyal to God He also needs our encouragement, as you have pointed out, through gratitude. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to read from my blog for God and leaving your comment readywriteruk! Thank you for pointing to the connection between loyalty and encouraging God. I am reminded that not only do I want to be loyal to Him, but also that He is always at all times now and forever loyal to us. I needed that today, thank you for encouraging even me today! God bless you as well!

    ReplyDelete