Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh Yes He Can!!

It was a beautiful early Autumn day. The sun was kindly shining down on us making for a very pleasant tour of the Oregon Gardens. My husband and I had never been there before so we decided to go check it out. It was so beautiful! Just as we were visiting one of the small ponds afloat with lilly pads and cute little frogs, my cell phone rang. I looked at it to see who was calling and saw that it was my daughter, so of coarse I answered it. She said I need to call my brother, it's an emergency!

 My heart began to beat faster and faster as all the horrible things that could be wrong raced through my head. For a moment my surroundings lost it's beauty as fear began to choke me. I called him. "My wife has filed for a divorce and she won't even consider counseling," My brother said with devastation! "Wow, I can't believe it," I said, while relief that no one had died came over me, only to be replaced by the shock of this situation that no one saw coming. "But your church doesn't believe in divorce, how can this be," I said, knowing they are both very active members.

After the shock wore off and the reality of this serious problem set in, God filled me with peace. As the Lord brought to my recollection how He delivered me from a nearly 8 year addiction to alcohol, hope and faith began to rise up in me. If you would've known me then, which I'm glad you didn't, you would understand it was a pure miracle of God that set me free! If God can do that for me, He can do anything! I have no box for Him to fit in, nope, I believe God for everything! My box has been permanently shattered! Thank You Jesus!

After many phone calls, prayers, and words of encouragement, I told my brother, "God can fix this."  There was just one problem, my brother was now very angry and had lost all desire to reconcile. He had become adamant that this marriage was over!  That did not change my mind, it just broadened the magnitude of the miracle God would have to preform in order to save this family from divorce. They have a daughter that was around 4 years old at the time. I did not want to see her thrown into being a child of divorced parents. And neither did God! He did exactly what I prayed for! My brother and his bride have fallen in love more than they have ever been before. The divorce was called off and they are a very happy family to this day! Praise the Lord!!! Nothing is too hard for God!!! He can do anything! Oh yes He can!!!

My brother sent his wife these beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day, remembering she loves daisies, he had the florist incorporate them into this gorgeous arrangement! :)

GLORY TO GOD!!!

What are you believing God for? If you will share it with me, I will agree with you. God says if two of us come together and agree upon anything, it will be done for us! I believe Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment