Thursday, February 21, 2013

Deception Among The Voices From Heaven

"My sheep hear my voice
and I know them
and they follow me"
John 10:27
In my last post I revealed that I hear the Lord and His angles singing over me. I know it sounds crazy to some, maybe it's too hard to believe for others, but that's okay because this blog is for the King of Glory, and it is only meant to glorify Him and not me.

In light of the goal to bring glory to God, I want to reveal that although the singing I wrote about in my previous post, started out with such songs as; the United States National Anthem, Silent Night, Happy Birthday To You (me), and even Frosty The Snowman... ha ha, the music from heaven has become much more personal and prophetic. I am hearing the angels less and the Lord more. There are also times when He let's me join in and the songs become interactive, as the Lord sings back to me what I just sang to Him in my spirit.

My mind explodes with wonder over God's measureless Power, Knowledge, and Love!  Not to mention how great that He goes to such lengths to show His desire to have a personal relationship with His children!

Do I think the Lord sings for me and over me because I'm more special than anyone else, or because I know more Bible verses than some, or because He likes the way I pray better than someone else? Absolutely not! I do not lay claim to any of these. The reason I can hear this sound from heaven is simply because I was created to. That's it, there is no big secret to why God does one thing for one of His children and not the other. What we receive from His is exactly what we were created to receive from Him.

God says in His Word, "I will rejoice over you with singing".  (Zephaniah 3:17 ) That's right, God sings over ALL His children. He is so incredibly more wonderful and Loving than any earthly parent ever created by Him. If you are a child of God, I want you to know that He is singing over you right now. He never stops! He is precious and His music is so beautiful, I can't wait for you to hear it for yourself, it will overwhelm you, He will overwhelm you with His amazing Love!

At this point you might be wondering, "okay so what about the deception in the title of this post?"  I will tell you, it's true, there is a deceiver out there and he is very real! It's so important we get to know the Heart and Mind of God through the study of His Word. He IS His Word! (John 1)

The deceiver comes to try and take away our trust in God. I have had to learn this the hard way...through experience and it has been gut wrenching at times! We can't believe everything we hear! "We have to test and prove what is that good pleasing and perfect will of God"  (Romans 12:2b). 

It's taken me quite a bit of time to learn this, but just when I think I know God's Character, the deceiver comes and takes away my confidence! And faithfully in His grace and mercy God restores me every single time! He's good like that! I promise you, He is absolutely worth every single test and trial I've gone through! 

I heard a song from heaven one day, it sounded just like all the other voices I've heard.

TO BE CONTINUED...










2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! It is so good to "see" you again! :) thank you for the reminder that we are created to receive him, in the special ways he decides to himself to us. I've never had a mystical or miraculous experience like that but it doesn't matter. He still comes to me even if I don't always notice or appreciate it. How do you like to study God's word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there my friend from teaandtestimony! :) So good to "see" you too! Thank you for taking the time to read my new post and leave me a comment, I really appreciate that you would do that for me! And your right, God Loves you as He Love me, miracles or no miracles! It's His Love that matters most! I tell God," I can't carry half a tune half the time, I can't dance, I'm not smart, or talented, all I know how to do is Love you and I'm okay with that because I wouldn't want to be anybody else but me or I wouldn't have this relationship with You!"

    Years ago I attended a Women's Bible Study Group. It was fun and I made some very nice friends. I learned a lot there, but I have to say, I prefer to sit with the Author and let Him reveal what He wants to reveal to me. It's a much more personal and wonderful experience!
    What about you, how do you like to study God's Word?

    ReplyDelete