Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'M HOOKED!


I have been suffering in my body for over two years with, among other things, thyroid disease. The medication I've been taking hasn't worked. I have bouts of nausea as if I were pregnant accompanied by morning sickness that doesn't discriminate against time. I am often short of breath and find myself getting winded at the simplest of tasks like folding clothes while standing at the dryer. I feel like I have the flu nearly everyday, with body aches, weakness, pain and exhaustion to name a few of my symptoms. Life is cumbersome for me right now but even so, I am happier than I have ever been in my whole life!

So how is it that I can say with all honesty that I'm happier than I have ever been?  I would love to tell you all about it. :)  Ever since Jesus rescued me from my sin and shame and became my Lord, He has spent everyday Loving me, teaching me, and repairing everything in my heart that was broken. He has made it very clear that He wants me, cares about me, and even has a good plan for me. For the first time in my life, I have a real relationship with my great and awesome God! He is my very best Friend in the whole world. There is not one single other person in the world like Him. No other loves compare to His which is why He has absolutely no competition for my heart.

My mother walked away from me when I was 2, and I was a burden to all the rest. Many people have rejected me. Then one day I found out God, the Creator of the universe, Loves me and cares deeply about what happens to me. He says my name is engraved in the palm of His hand and promises He will never ever leave me or forsake me. That is such great news! I totally understand what it means to have Jesus as my mother, brother, father.... He is my everything!  I'm so glad all those places were empty so He could fill my whole heart with His Love. I wouldn't want it any other way!


For the first time in my life, I'm so grateful God created me to be me! I wouldn't want to be anybody else in the whole world, not for the whole world! Ya see, if I was anybody but me, I wouldn't have this incredible relationship with Him. I wouldn't want someone else's relationship with God, or even worse, no relationship with Him because I know how empty and sad I am without Him.

The Lord has taught me that He created me to love Him, not to be a burden to others, which puts a smile on my face just typing out the words.  He told me there is a place in His heart that can only be filled by me. There is a place there for you too, that can only be filled by you! If that's not something to be happy about then I don't know what is! God Loves me, He really Loves me and I understand that now.

Yes, I am miserable in my body, but I have never been happier or healthier in my spirit! I didn't even think it was possible that I could be happy in my own skin, let alone not want to trade places with anybody else in the whole world.

God really does heal the broken hearted! If you or someone you love has a broken spirit, Jesus wants to heal you! Everything He has done for me He wants to do for you too. All you have to do is come to Him, just as you are, and ask him to. You'll be so glad you did! Thank You Lord for Loving me!!! I will never be the same!!! I'm hooked!!!

If you or someone you know needs healing in their spirit, let me know if you would like me to pray for you. It would be an honor! God bless you friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment