Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hidden Treasure

I was reading a weekend post by Ann Voskamp, author of "One Thousand Gifts", and  blogger of  "A Holy Experience," when I noticed at the bottom of the page there was a link to a tutorial on how to draw the human eye in pencil only. I thought, that sounds like fun, I've always wanted to take art classes, only this is even better because it's free!

I remember hearing the Lord tell me some time ago, "Lori, you have gifts and talents that you don't even know about yet. That was exciting news because I've never really been good at anything that I can think of, but I always wanted to be.  I don't have a degree. I'm terrible at math beyond the basics and quite often I have to ask my husband, "how do you spell....?" Fortunately for me, my husband is very smart! I've never been good at sports, they require coordination and self confidence which I never had growing up.  I'm vocally challenged and can't carry half a tune half the time, and I have no rhythm in the dance department. I'm the one who claps totally out of sync during worship time at church on Sunday mornings.

My Grandma is an artist as is my great grandpa whom I never got to meet.  However, I do have a large beautiful picture of a light pink dahlia he drew in pastels that was handed down to me by my father. And my grandma has painted many beautiful pictures over the years. I've always hoped that I might have some of that talent to draw and paint like my grandma and great grandpa.

 We will never know if we can do something if we don't try so I did. The instructions for that human eye was very good and I was pleased that my drawing came out pretty good. Looked real to me and my husband agreed, at least that's what he said. :)

Shortly after I drew that eye, I got the urge to try and draw the object of my passion, the One who has stolen my heart, my magnificent obsession, my reason for being, Jesus. So I found a picture on Facebook from Jesus Daily's Page and began to draw what I saw.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out! I had no idea I had this in me! Praise the Lord, I have a gift  after all just like the Lord told me I did. It was there all along, hiding, just waiting to be discovered, like hidden treasure!

Thank You Lord for giving me this wonderful gift! I'm so grateful for it and I will cherish it as the precious gift from You that it is! I give You all the glory for it Lord, I couldn't have done this without You!

What gift and talent has the Lord given to you? Please do share! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment