Thursday, May 31, 2012

Holy Smoke!!

Have you ever said that or heard that said...holy smoke, or holy cow, what about holy crap? I use to say them all the time, in fact, these words were habitual exclamations in my vocabulary for many years.  I know there are a lot of other people who use these phrases, remember Robin from Batman and Robin? Everything was holy to Robin, even peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!  I didn't think about what these words were implying until just recently, so blurt them out I did.

A cow is not holy, smoke is not holy, unless God is in it, and well you know the other word is completely unholy. The definition of Holy according to "Attributes of God #8, Holy" at www. parentcompany.com, says holy is the pure loving nature of God; separate from evil. Another site, BrainyQuotes.com, says the definition of Holy is; "set apart to the service or worship of God; hallowed; sacred; reserved from profane or common use."

 I believe, and now understand that all the things we loosely call holy were originally designed to hurt the heart of God and that is what it's doing. His holiness is beautiful and pure, something to be admired and desired. His holiness is not to be mocked or belittled but rather to be honored.

Lord God please forgive me for all the times I have called unholy things holy, I am truly sorry and I ask you to please help me break that habit.Your holiness is beautiful, Your holiness is wonderful, Your holiness is something I adore and aim for. Please give us, Your children, spiritual discernment to know when what we are saying is hurting You. Help us to bless You dear Lord and fill us with concern for your feelings always. We love You and Praise You forever! Amen

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is and is to come."

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their being."

"To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power for ever and ever!"

Revelations 4:8,11, and 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment