Friday, June 8, 2012

Expect The Unexpected!

Keloids from getting my ear pierced! A Keloid is scar tissue
that keeps building on itself. I was not warned this could
happen, but I do believe God is going to heal it
!



I had just finished going through the checkout line at Safeway yesterday afternoon, when I barely heard "does that bother you sometimes?" I looked back to see if the lady next in line was talking to me. She was. I took a step towards her and asked politely, "what did you say?" She said, "does that hurt, the thing on your ear, does that bother you?"

I got my left ear pierced up in the "cuff" area where it's all cartilage about 3 years ago. I had been wanting to do that for a long time but never got up the courage. It's amazing the things I have the courage to do now that I am filled with the Holy Spirit! I mean I still feel fear but I have the courage to push through it! I give God all the credit and glory for that! Well, 2 years ago I developed tiny bumps on both sides of the piercing. I thought it was infected and kept treating it for that. The bumps seemed to just get bigger and bigger! So I went to the place I got my ear pierced and they told me I had Keloids. "Go buy some TeaTree oil, that will make them go away," said the young man confidently, that pierced my ear. Just to let you know, it did not work. They continued to grow! I had to painfully remove my earring and pray, "Jesus please heal my ear!"

I'm completely confident that Jesus said He will. Until then I cover them puppies up with a bandaid when I go out in public! I like to wear my hair up or else I wouldn't have to do that. But yesterday, I forgot my bandaid! I praise the Lord that was not brought to my attention until I was almost out of the store!

The "nice" lady said, "I read energy" while stretching out her arm to put her hands on my ear. Turning red in the face from embarrassment,  I backed up, and said in a panic no, no, no and got out of there as fast as I could!

I am hearing more and more about people, even people close to me are going to these so called doctors that "read energy", and psychics. One calls herself, "The white lady." Well white stands for purity and holiness in God's Kingdom so this is a deceptive name. Could this be those who "pose as angels of light" that we are warned about in the Bible?

"A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads." Leviticus 20:27

 God says to stay away from astrologers, psychics and mediums and witchcraft, so obviously their power is not from Him. Many people don't understand this is not a grey area. If it's not from God, then it's of the devil. The Bible tells us so. And either we believe God's Word is true or we don't. It doesn't make sense to say I believe this scripture but not that one. The Book is either all right or all wrong. I choose to believe it's ALL true and I live my life accordingly. I choose God forever!

"Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you... Surely they are like stubble;  the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame."  Isaiah 47:14

Unfortunately for me, I am not a quick thinker and when something or someone catches me off guard, I don't give the best response. What I should have said to the lady, without panicking haha, was, "no thank you, I belong to Jesus, He is my healer." I did pray for her deliverance and salvation on my way out of the store, but I still feel silly about the way I panicked. When faced with another opportunity like this, because I'm sure this is just the beginning, I will be ready!

I praise the Lord the Keloids don't hurt as often as they used to, and they have stopped growing. This is a great example of God's tender mercy and grace at it's finest to me. Until He removes the Keloids completely at least they feel better and I can cover them which, I will be much more careful to remember in the future haha!

Have you ever been faced with an unexpected situation that you wish you would have reacted differently to? Please tell me I am not the only one! 

God bless you dear blog friends! And don't ever forget, JESUS LOVES YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. first of all, I'm praying for complete healing for you and praising Jesus that it isn't dangerous to your health!
    I think I would have reacted the same way if I were there. In the moment, it's frightening to be confronted with something so obviously wrong in God's eyes. I'm sure there are many times in my life where this has happened to me, but what comes straight to mind is actually a story of a friend of mine.

    When I was in college, my friends and I volunteered for a pro-life organization called Justice For All. The mission was to train people to dialogue about abortion, while simultaneously spreading the Gospel. (I attended UC Santa Barbara, generally known to be an extremely liberal campus, so you can imagine the intensity of persecution suffered.)
    We committed to our training joyfully to the Lord, knowing that we'd be blessed suffering for His sake. But once we got out there, it was a full-blown war zone. Every type of insult imaginable was flung against us, our mission and our God. People up in your face shouting death threats, just awful, scary and not at all what I am accustomed to.
    Well, my dear friend Billy was approached by someone from Planned Parenthood (imagine it's lunch time and all the clubs are out advertising, so this is right in the main hub of activity on campus) She asked him if he was with us. I was standing nearby and I saw him hesitate. He said no, he wasn't, he was just having lunch.
    Later at our debriefing, the poor thing just teared up and confessed to everyone that he had denied us, and Jesus. He felt just like Peter in the courtyard of the high priest. It was a significant moment for him when he realized where his heart really was, and I still think about that from time to time when I am ashamed to be seen as for Jesus.

    I don't think your situation is exactly like this, but maybe in some respects it might have been. Hopefully this little anecdote is interesting to you! It certainly is a lesson worth learning that we are to be ready at any time to give the reason for our Hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my post and for your reply! I appreciate very much your prayer for my healing! Thank you!!! I also appreciate the story you shared. It takes great strength and courage to go up against opposition like that! I can't imagine how hard it would be to be on the frontline like that! However I think the day is coming when all of us who belong to Jesus will have to get radical in our stand for what's right as the world is thick in darkness just like God's Word said it would be! I'm so grateful for Peter of the Bible, his testimony reveals just how gracious and patient our Lord is when we fail Him, and boy do I need that! I am a needy needy child!!!

      Delete