Saturday, June 23, 2012

One Beautiful Day!


Pioneer Park
The most beautiful park in the world
to me!

I didn't see it coming, I didn't know it was coming, there were no signs or even a hint that it was coming. One day I wake up and can't wait for it to be drink thirty, cause I didn't much like beer then, so I could once again escape myself, my failures, my inadequacies, and my annoyingly constant companion, rejection that followed me everywhere I went for 39 years!  I was hopeless and helpless against my many enemies I thought were me.

I was in too deep now. That alcohol had such a hold on me that I couldn't imagine my life without it and I couldn't stand my life with it! I wanted out, oh yes, I desperately wished I had never fallen into that trap. It happened just like the Bible says, I was given over to my sin and it was hell! It started out fun, like God's Word also says, sin is fun for a time. But once the door to the demonic is opened they will tear you up and tie you down till you can't get free! They don't call alcohol "spirits" for nothing!

That was my condition one day which lasted nearly 8 years!  I pleaded with God to forgive me and intervene. I knew He was the only One who could fix the giant mess I had made of myself, that only got bigger and uglier with each passing day.

 I hear it all the time, "God only helps those who helps themselves". Well I couldn't help myself and if that were a true statement, I would still be an alcoholic to this day or worse, dead! No, God reached down from heaven and pulled me out of the pit of hell, via my now precious friends and street evangelists who had set up an outreach in the park behind my house one day. The sound of heaven drifted into my backyard and drew me to it.

Oh that one day, that beautiful one day my whole life was turned around by the wonderful Grace of God, who in His great mercy came to rescue me again!  I sure didn't deserve it, but God is compassionate and so merciful! As I followed the heavenly sound coming from the park, desperate for a glimpse of hope, with my head hung low in shame, and full of remorse, I had know idea my miracle was waiting for me there.

In one act of kindness and love, the evangelists prayed for me, and in the all powerful Name of Jesus, those demons had to flee! And in nearly 4 years now, they have never returned! All praise and honor and glory to God, I am free!!! All in one day! 


"Praise the Lord, O my soul;  all my inmost being,  praise His holy Name.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases; He redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with Love and compassion. He satisfies my desires with good things, so that my youth is renewed like the eagles. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in Love. He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever; He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heaven's are above the earth, so great is His Love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him; for He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are dust."  ~Psalm 103:1-14 


God's Love is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and God's Love is the very best part of me! God's Love is so much better than wine, it's the sweetest thing I've ever tasted! These are not hollow words I say, void of meaning, no, my testimony is FULL of truth! God's Love is Heaven to me and there is nobody else I'd rather be than me because I was made for His glory and He makes me so happy!!


If you are waiting on a miracle from God, be encouraged, today could be that one beautiful day for you! 


I would be happy to pray for you if you are in need of a miracle today and would like to share it with me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment