Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"To Worship You I Live"

"Praise The Lord Oh My Soul
Praise The Lord!"



Some of my most memorable and wonderful worship experiences have been in the privacy of my own home. Did you know singing unto the Lord isn't just for Sunday mornings? I haven't always known that. The more I get to know the Lord, the more I just can't help myself but to break out in song to Him. Even though I can't carry half a tune half the time, I always say, I just giggle when I miss it, shrug my shoulders, look up, and tell Jesus, "all I know how to do is to love you" and try again. I think He likes it when I do that! :) And since I know my ability or rather inability to sing in tune, I am keenly aware that every single note I get right is a total gift from Him! And I think He likes that too! :)

When I want to get serious all I have to do is plug in my favorite artists name in the Youtube search and up pops all kinds of great worship videos. It's as if I am right there with them, only no one is watching me except God and the angels. I have put up for you a video of one of my favorite new-to-me worship teams, with Steffany Frizzell at Bethel Church in Redding CA.

We are created to worship Him. I didn't always know that either, but that does explain why I love to so much!  In fact I prefer to worship Him in private cause then I'm free to look as silly as I want.  God makes me feel safe and cherished unlike anything I've ever experienced before and that totally sets me free to be me! What an awesome God He is!!!

So if you haven't tried it before, then I urge you to try it now. Worship, sing, and dance for God right where you are. He loves that and I think you will too!  He wants to hear your beautiful voice in tune or out, don't make Him wait till Sunday!

"I will sing to the Lord , for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:6

What is your favorite way to worship God?                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment